Recognizing Humanitarian Qualities
Four (4) scholarships are being offered to high school graduating seniors, residing within the boundaries of Lions District 14-M, which is comprised of Fayette, Greene, Somerset and Washington Counties Pennsylvania. No more than one scholarship for any one county.
Four (4) $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to seniors that exemplify the characteristics espoused by Lions Clubs International:
· Creates and fosters a spirit of understanding among peoples of the world
· Promotes the principles of good government and good citizenship
· Takes an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and/or moral welfare of the community
· Serves the community without personal financial reward
Preference will be given to applicants who are members in good standing of a Leo Club.
The scholarship is intended to assist with tuition, housing, or books. The student must present proof of acceptance into a post-secondary school. The scholarship is not necessarily intended for the top academic student. Lionism occurs at all levels of the GPA spectrum.
· All required proof of earnings must accompany this application.
· A copy of the Official High School Transcript must accompany this application.
· Proof of acceptance in an accredited school of higher education must accompany this application.
· Only members of the Ross F. DiMarco Scholarship Committee will see the applications. All personal information will be held in strict confidence.
· The Ross F. DiMarco Scholarship Committee will inform the recipients of the scholarships. Presentation of the checks, in the amount of $1,000.00, made payable to the student will be made at the District 14-M Awards Program on June 3, 2017.
· Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the application being disqualified!
· This application form is the only form that will be accepted by the DiMarco Scholarship Committee. It may be reproduced or copied. YOU MAY REQUEST A COPY OF THIS FORM AND THE APPLICATION IN MS WORD FORMAT FROM PDG Bob Rafail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not get a response in 2 days call PDG Bob at 724-438-0364.
· The application must be received BY EMAIL ONLY no later than MIDNIGHT March 6, 2017. YOU MUST ATTACH OR SCAN THE APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION. ORIGINAL COPIES ARE NOT REQUIRED AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The scholarship is awarded based on a point system.
· 35 points maximum for accurate completion of the application, including submission of required financial, academic and acceptance documentation. Financial need, special circumstances or extra-ordinary expenses are considered in this category.
· 5 points for each dependent child, including the applicant, attending a post-secondary school at the same time the applicant will attend. .
· 15 points for class rank in the top 1/3 of the class, 10 points for class rank in the middle 1/3 of the class and 5 points for class rank in the bottom 1/3 of the class.
· 35 points maximum for the narrative about the applicant’s intended career and the impact of the career on service to others..
· 10 points if applicant is a member in good standing of a Leo Club.
Return completed application to: PDG Robert E. Rafail
DiMarco Scholarship Committee