Your club can make a difference in your community and contribute towards the goal by participating in the four Centennial Service Challenge Campaigns. You decide when to serve and which projects are right for your club and community.
Engaging our Youth
Support youth in your community, or inspire the next generation of volunteers by inviting Leos and other local youth to serve on a project with you.
Sharing the Vision
Prevent future cases of unecessary blindness through vision screenings and educational events. Give the gift of sight through projects that benefit those who are blind or living with low vision.
Relieving the Hunger
Improve access to healthy food for vulnerable populations in your community.
Protecting our Environment
Protect and improve the environment to make your community a healthier place to live for everyone.
Lions Clubs International is here to help you get started and to keep your club motivated. Visit the Centennial Service Challenge page in the Centennial Toolbox for resources.
In recognition and appreciation of your service
- We’ll feature your club on the Centennial Service Ticker when you report qualifying Centennial Service Challenge projects through MyLCI’s Service Activity Report.
- Your club will receive one banner patch for each year of reported participation.
- Your district will receive one banner patch per year based on club participation.
- Lions can recognize outstanding Leo clubs for their support of the Centennial Service Challenge with a special Centennial Leo Certificate.
Centennial Community Legacy Projects
Connect with your community and build your Lion legacy by planning a Centennial Community Legacy Project during our Centennial Celebration. Legacy Projects are visible gifts to your community that commemorate our Centennial and create a lasting legacy of your service contributions.
Your Legacy Project will serve as a reminder of just how important your club is to the community during the Centennial and beyond. All Lions clubs around the world are encouraged to complete a Legacy Project by June 30, 2018, so start planning yours today!
Plan Your Legacy Project
With three levels of participation, there’s an opportunity for every club to get involved. Choose a project from the list below or develop your own to address specific needs in your community.
In support of the Legacy Projects program, Centennial highway signs, decals and bronze plaques will be available from Club Supplies at a significant discount.
Promote Your Legacy Project
Your Legacy Project is an opportunity to showcase your project, your service and your club to the community. Here are some tips that can help you maximize this great public relations opportunity:
- Dedication Ceremony – Host a dedication or ribbon-cutting ceremony and invite your community and local media to attend.
- Social Media – Share project photos on social media or ask your community to share photos at the site of your Legacy Project. Use the hashtag #Lions100 so we can share your project on the LCI Facebook page.
- Local Media – Send out a press release or ask a local reporter to help tell your story.
Report Your Legacy Project
Be sure to report your Legacy Project using the MyLCI Service Activity Report, under the Community and Culture activity type. Clubs can earn a special banner patch, and select projects will be featured on the LCI website, social media and LION Magazine.
Centennial Community Legacy Project Resources
- For more information on the Centennial Service Challenge, visit the Centennial Service Challenge page of the Centennial Toolbox where you will find the brochure and FAQs.
- For information on reporting Centennial Service Challenge activities, visit the MyLCI Reporting Instructions.
- Or, contact us at CSC@lionsclubs.org